What do you look for when purchasing the Best Biometric Gun Safe? – Biometric gun safes are first becoming the ideal way for safely keeping guns from unauthorized persons. There is no doubt that they are more superior compared to traditional gun safes. They not only offer more security, but also are convenient, faster to open and reliable. That said, how does one get the best Biometric Gun safe?
Guide on purchasing the best Biometric gun safe
This article analyses the steps to take when purchasing the best Biometric gun safe, but first let’s look at the three types of Biometric gun safes available in the market.
- The military Biometric gun safe– Many great inventions such as the GPS have their origin from the army and biometrics are no exception. They are generally considered as the best biometric gun safes. They are very expensive and cost more than $5000. They rely on more than one level of security layers before authorizing entry.
- Commercial Quality Biometric Gun safe– These types of gun safes are designed to offer reasonable accuracy and security. They are priced between $700 and $1000. They use both imaging and quality capacitive sensors for analysis.
- The Economy Quality Gun Safes– They are the cheapest Gun safes in the market and are generally not the best defense for gun storage. They use cheap capacity sensors and cost less than $200.
Most people purchase the commercial quality Biometric gun safe as it is more affordable. Many manufacturers have specialized in this market segment. They are plenty of options available and in the case where each manufacturer says that they offer the best biometric gun safe, things can be pretty confusing. With respect to brand loyalty, for a gun safe to be branded as the best, it should offer the following bare minimums.
- Material– the gun safe should be constructed from solid steel, preferably at least 9 gauge steel. These are the minimum if you want your gun safe to withstand intrusion.
- Accepts more fingerprints– A gun safe that is able to accommodate more than one fingerprints should be preferred. This will act as an insurance in case you suffer injuries that affect your fingerprint quality.
- Water and fire resistant– fires and floods can occur without warning. In case of such eventualities, the content of your gun safe may be destroyed. To prevent such losses, go for a safe that guarantees protection against floods and fire. Always insists for safes that have been tested against the two.
- The Capacity of the gun- the design and make of your preferred gun safe will definitely be determined by the type of guns you own. It is imperative to note that many manufacturers have a tendency of exaggerating how many guns their safes can accommodate. If possible, ask for a test to ascertain these claims.
- A dehumidifier– A dehumidifier is now a requisite for any gun safe worth recognition. You definitely don’t want mold and mildew forming on your guns after spending a fortune purchasing a gun safe.
- The locking system– the best biometric gun safe, employ the Uni-force locking system. The locking system provides protection against common attacks such as punches and drills.
- Opens fast– the best biometric gun safe should be able to open fast, preferable under two seconds. This is the only way you will be able to react to emergency fast.
- Ceramic wool lining– Ceramic is the standard lining for any great gun safe. Ceramic wool linings are the only sure proof that prevents damage occasioned by fires of up to 2300F which is devastating to other safes. The Ceramic wool lining should offer full lining.
Final thought the Best Biometric Gun Safe
The decision to buy a Biometric gun safe is one of the best long-term investment decisions you will ever make. If you are careful enough, it can be the a once in a once in a lifetime decision. This calls for you to be vigilant and investigate all the fundamentals if you want to buy the best biometric gun safe.